Dedicated to Sri Sarada Devi

A Place where devotees gather to share inspiration.

"Holy Mother" painted by Swami Tadatmananda

Used courtesy of the Vedanta Society of Southern California

http://www.vedanta.org

Dedicated to Sri Sarada Devi
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
​​31-March-2015 (Tuesday) Mother As I Saw Her – Swami Saradeshananda

​​31-March-2015 (Tuesday)
Mother As I Saw Her – Swami Saradeshananda
The Mother’s Practical Wisdom : Examples – 2

At Kamarpukur the Mother got the Master’s room as her legacy. The Master had advised her not to leave the room but maintain and keep it up. The Mother too did so with great care and saw to its proper repairs, etc., whenever necessary. In later days, when she could not stay there herself, she would ask her sons who wanted to visit Kamarpukur, to spend the nights there. Though a personification of renunciation and ever immersed in the Divine, her behaviour in conducting worldly affairs holds forth many lessons for others. Her whole life demonstrates that even a spiritual personage should perform his duties with seriousness and full attention. Just as one has to pray and worship with one-pointed mind, so should one perform his worldly duties with full attention, even while knowing fully well that the world and its affairs are transitory. He should shoulder his responsibilities and not create problems for others.

[Mother As I Saw Her (Being Reminiscences of Holy Mother Sarada Devi) – Swami Saradeshananda. Translated by Prof. J. N. Dey. Sri Ramakrishna Math, Mylapore Madras-600004: p 121]