Dedicated to Sri Sarada Devi

A Place where devotees gather to share inspiration.

"Holy Mother" painted by Swami Tadatmananda

Used courtesy of the Vedanta Society of Southern California

http://www.vedanta.org

Dedicated to Sri Sarada Devi
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
​​01-April-2015 (Wednesday) Mother As I Saw Her – Swami Saradeshananda

​​01-April-2015 (Wednesday)
Mother As I Saw Her – Swami Saradeshananda
The Mother’s Practical Wisdom : Examples
Example One

We gave already stated that the Mother had advised a devotee, who was spending lots of money on procuring costly clothes for her, to conserve his resources and buy a paddy field which would fetch an income for the maintenance of Sadhus and devotees. A piece of land, adjacent to the house of the Mass, the Mother’s brothers, and situated on the bank of Kolu Tank, was now available at a cost of a little above one hundred rupees. The devotee mentioned above sent the money for its purchase, but now the owner changed his mind and withdrew his offer to sell the land. So a few days later the Mother wrote to a ‘son’ who knew about the matter. “Well, my dear boy, the land could not be bought after all. If the money remains as cash with me, it will be spent. So I have sent it to Kedar at Koalpara to buy some paddy along with some money added from here, making it the round figure of two hundred rupees. Paddy is very cheap now. Money will become available whenever necessary by selling the paddy.” Thus, since no land was available, the money was used to buy and store paddy. By the time the paddy was required for use, its price went up fourfold: However, through the grace of the Mother, some paddy lands have since been acquired for supplying the needs of the Sadhus and devotees at Jayrambati.

[Mother As I Saw Her (Being Reminiscences of Holy Mother Sarada Devi) – Swami Saradeshananda. Translated by Prof. J. N. Dey. Sri Ramakrishna Math, Mylapore Madras-600004: p 121-122]