Dedicated to Sri Sarada Devi

A Place where devotees gather to share inspiration.

"Holy Mother" painted by Swami Tadatmananda

Used courtesy of the Vedanta Society of Southern California

http://www.vedanta.org

Dedicated to Sri Sarada Devi
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
03-April-2015 (Friday) Mother As I Saw Her – Swami Saradeshananda

03-April-2015 (Friday)
Mother As I Saw Her – Swami Saradeshananda
Example Three

Every year, at the proper time, the Mother would arrange to have the annual requirements and necessities such as rice, pulses, molasses etc., bought when they were at the cheapest in the market. Before the rains set in, the Mother would have the firewood collected and have the earthen pots, doors, windows, walls, roof etc., repaired or replaced. She kept an eye on every little thing. She would see to it that the cowdung cakes for fuel were properly dried in the sun when the summer sun’s heat was still available. The padding paper and covers of the parcels were neatly preserved and utilised. The peelings of the vegetables and fruits, the rice water, the excess of cooked ice, dhal etc., would all be properly preserved and such of them as were fit for use by men given to beggers and the rest to cows. In this respect she would praise very such the methodical ways and watchful eyes of Golap-ma and thus set an example before her other children saying, “My Golap does not waste anything. Even the peelings of sugarcane, she keeps dried for lighting the fire in the oven.”

[Mother As I Saw Her (Being Reminiscences of Holy Mother Sarada Devi) – Swami Saradeshananda. Translated by Prof. J. N. Dey. Sri Ramakrishna Math, Mylapore Madras-600004: p 122-123]