Dedicated to Sri Sarada Devi

A Place where devotees gather to share inspiration.

"Holy Mother" painted by Swami Tadatmananda

Used courtesy of the Vedanta Society of Southern California

http://www.vedanta.org

Dedicated to Sri Sarada Devi
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
​04-April-2015 (Saturday) Mother As I Saw Her – Swami Saradeshananda

​04-April-2015 (Saturday)
Mother As I Saw Her – Swami Saradeshananda
More of the Mother’s Correspondence with Devotees – 01

Many of her sons sent her remittances regularly every month, and some now and then, for her use. The respected Master Mahashay (‘M’), the recorder of the Gospel of Sri Ramakrishna, used to send her Rs. 10 every month, and some times even more. In the coupons of the money order forms, the devotees would often convey her their Pranams and matters that were very close to their hearts. The Mother, too, saw to it that proper replies were sent to them in time. What pleased the devotees most was to see the Mother’s thumb impression in the money order receipt in lieu of her signature. To them it looked that she was conveying her blessing through it. Once a small girl write a letter to her, and sent along with it a short poem composed by her in praise of the Mother. In the meantime the girl wrote to her another letter enquiring if the Mother had received the previous letter and the poem. When this letter was read out to her, a smile crossed the Mother’s face and she said, “She wants a word of praise.” She got a reply sent to her at once, acknowledging the receipt of the poem expressing her appreciation of it, and sending her blessings.

[Mother As I Saw Her (Being Reminiscences of Holy Mother Sarada Devi) – Swami Saradeshananda. Translated by Prof. J. N. Dey. Sri Ramakrishna Math, Mylapore Madras-600004: p 123]

--
May we follow the spiritual path shown by Sri Ramakrishna, Sri Sarada Devi and Swami Vivekananda to reach God, the goal of our lives, and by His power help others also in their struggle to reach Him.