Dedicated to Sri Sarada Devi

A Place where devotees gather to share inspiration.

"Holy Mother" painted by Swami Tadatmananda

Used courtesy of the Vedanta Society of Southern California

http://www.vedanta.org

Dedicated to Sri Sarada Devi
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
06-April-2015 (Monday) Mother As I Saw Her – Swami Saradeshananda

06-April-2015 (Monday)
Mother As I Saw Her – Swami Saradeshananda
More of the Mother’s Correspondence with Devotees – 03

A certain disciple-son of hers wanted to follow the life of renunciation and did not want to marry. But his father was dead against this and was trying his best to tie him to the worldly life. In this situation, the young man wrote a pathetic letter to the Mother, which affected the Mother very much. With tears in her eyes, she began telling: “Just see how a father wants to strike at his own boy’s with an axe! In what agony my son has written to me!” In the reply she dictated, the Mother sent the boy her blessings and her assurance of protection. Through her grace the great threat that was overhanging the boy was removed. Gradually his father’s views underwent a change, and he became pleased with the boy and actually lent him a helping hand in the path of righteousness that he wanted to follow. And the boy, too served his aged father in the last days of his life to the best of his capacity, and secured himself his heart-felt love and blessings.

[Mother As I Saw Her (Being Reminiscences of Holy Mother Sarada Devi) – Swami Saradeshananda. Translated by Prof. J. N. Dey. Sri Ramakrishna Math, Mylapore Madras-600004: p 124]

--
May we follow the spiritual path shown by Sri Ramakrishna, Sri Sarada Devi and Swami Vivekananda to reach God, the goal of our lives, and by His power help others also in their struggle to reach Him.