Dedicated to Sri Sarada Devi

A Place where devotees gather to share inspiration.

"Holy Mother" painted by Swami Tadatmananda

Used courtesy of the Vedanta Society of Southern California

http://www.vedanta.org

Dedicated to Sri Sarada Devi
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
08-April-2015 (Wednesday) Mother As I Saw Her – Swami Saradeshananda

08-April-2015 (Wednesday)
Mother As I Saw Her – Swami Saradeshananda
More of the Mother’s Correspondence with Devotees – 05

A particular son of hers had asked for blessings for the success of his enterprises. A long time back, this son had come to the Mother’s place and had got his initiation from her. After that he came once again to Jayrambati and stayed at the Mother’s feet for some days when he pleased the Mother very much by singing some songs of his own composition to her in a very appealing manner. He was trying to propagate the life and teachings of Sri Ramakrishna in various ways. It was for the success of this mission of his, that he now approached the Mother with her blessings. The Mother listened to the letter read out to her. The she had the reply written to him, “May your object be fulfilled through the grace of the Master!” Then in the hearing of the son who had written the letter dictated by her, she said in a solemn tone, “By His will it will come to pass.”

[Mother As I Saw Her (Being Reminiscences of Holy Mother Sarada Devi) – Swami Saradeshananda. Translated by Prof. J. N. Dey. Sri Ramakrishna Math, Mylapore Madras-600004: p 125]

--
May we follow the spiritual path shown by Sri Ramakrishna, Sri Sarada Devi and Swami Vivekananda to reach God, the goal of our lives, and by His power help others also in their struggle to reach Him.