Dedicated to Sri Sarada Devi

A Place where devotees gather to share inspiration.

"Holy Mother" painted by Swami Tadatmananda

Used courtesy of the Vedanta Society of Southern California

http://www.vedanta.org

Dedicated to Sri Sarada Devi
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
11-April-2015 (Saturday) Mother As I Saw Her – Swami Saradeshananda

11-April-2015 (Saturday)
Mother As I Saw Her – Swami Saradeshananda
The Uniqueness of the Mother’s Way of Initiation – 01

‘Dharma’ (Virtue), ‘Artha’ (Wealth), ‘Kama’ (Enjoyment) and ‘Moksha’ (final Beatitude) are well known as the four main objects of human life. We are taught from our very childhood about this. The average person no doubt hears about this, but is not able to get the real import of it. He thinks that the aim of this life is to be able to spend one’s days in peace and happiness, and he directs all his energies to achieve this. Parents teach this to their children from their early days. But alas! how few are those who are actually able to spend their lives happily and in peace! In this world we come across many learned, intelligent and great men who have also shown different paths for gaining happiness and peace. But unfortunately the average man is incapable of following any one of them closely, and so is not able to attain peace and happiness.

[Mother As I Saw Her (Being Reminiscences of Holy Mother Sarada Devi) – Swami Saradeshananda. Translated by Prof. J. N. Dey. Sri Ramakrishna Math, Mylapore Madras-600004: p 126]