Dedicated to Sri Sarada Devi

A Place where devotees gather to share inspiration.

"Holy Mother" painted by Swami Tadatmananda

Used courtesy of the Vedanta Society of Southern California

http://www.vedanta.org

Dedicated to Sri Sarada Devi
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
16-April-2015 (Thursday) Mother As I Saw Her – Swami Saradeshananda

16-April-2015 (Thursday)
Mother As I Saw Her – Swami Saradeshananda
Instances of Disciples initiated by The Mother: First Instance – 01

A son of the Mother, a school master by profession, once came for her Darsan with a favourite student of his. The boy was very young, of good appearance and character, devoted and obedient. When he had the Darshan of the Mother, the boy prayed to her for initiation. At the very first sight itself, the Mother was pleased with him. So she agreed to his request and duly initiated him. Because of his tender age, or may be for some other reason, the Mother addressed him after the initiation and said, “My child, I have now given you the ‘name’ with which you must practise Japan devotedly. When you are ready, you will get the ‘Bija’ later.” The devoted disciple did receive the ‘Bijamantra’ later on. Afterwards he received initiation into Brahmacharya and Sannyasa too. He then went to the Himalayas, where he could make his human birth fruitful by dint of his Sadhana and Bhajan (spiritual practices), and ultimately gain the Realm of the Mother for ever.

[Mother As I Saw Her (Being Reminiscences of Holy Mother Sarada Devi) – Swami Saradeshananda. Translated by Prof. J. N. Dey. Sri Ramakrishna Math, Mylapore Madras-600004: p 128-129]

--
May we follow the spiritual path shown by Sri Ramakrishna, Sri Sarada Devi and Swami Vivekananda to reach God, the goal of our lives, and by His power help others also in their struggle to reach Him.