Dedicated to Sri Sarada Devi

A Place where devotees gather to share inspiration.

"Holy Mother" painted by Swami Tadatmananda

Used courtesy of the Vedanta Society of Southern California

http://www.vedanta.org

Dedicated to Sri Sarada Devi
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
18-April-2015 (Saturday) Mother As I Saw Her – Swami Saradeshananda

18-April-2015 (Saturday)
Mother As I Saw Her – Swami Saradeshananda
Instances of Disciples initiated by The Mother: Second Instance – 02

At day-break the devotee was to be at the Mother’s house, and the Sannyasin was to present him to the Mother for being initiated immediately before sunrise, so as to avoid any public notice. The scheme worked well, and it was known only to a few who were accustomed to see the Mother’s wonderful Leela in her actions.

The devotee had at first felt some hesitation and a sense of alienness because of the inferiority complex generated in him by the consciousness of belonging to a low caste. But when he found that the Mother behaved towards him just as she did towards all others, and that her love was bestowed on all alike, he began to feel free and familiar in the company of the other devotees there. Receiving the Prasada from the Mother’s hand, the new disciple-son was overjoyed. He took the dust of the Mother’s feet and departed, receiving her whole-hearted blessing.

[Mother As I Saw Her (Being Reminiscences of Holy Mother Sarada Devi) – Swami Saradeshananda. Translated by Prof. J. N. Dey. Sri Ramakrishna Math, Mylapore Madras-600004: p 129-130]