Dedicated to Sri Sarada Devi

A Place where devotees gather to share inspiration.

"Holy Mother" painted by Swami Tadatmananda

Used courtesy of the Vedanta Society of Southern California

http://www.vedanta.org

Dedicated to Sri Sarada Devi
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
20-April-2015 (Monday) Mother As I Saw Her – Swami Saradeshananda

20-April-2015 (Monday)
Mother As I Saw Her – Swami Saradeshananda
Instances of Disciples initiated by The Mother: Fourth Instance – 01

Another son of the Mother, though practicing Sadhana and Bhajan (meditation and worship) for a long time after taking initiation from his family preceptor, was not getting peace and satisfaction within. He had a firm faith in, and deep devotion to, Sri Ramakrishna and was well acquainted with some of the Master’s direct disciples, especially with ‘M’ who liked him very much. Many vicissitudes of fortune brought about a turmoil in his life. In the end, finding no way out, he went to Jayrambati to take shelter at the Mother’s feet. The Mother, on hearing about his having had a previous initiation, at first refused to initiate him again. But coming to know about the great turmoil raging within him realising his keenness for initiation by her, the Mother felt compassion for him and initiated him again. Getting the Darsan, grace, love and affection of the Mother, his heart was filled with joy. Meeting contemporaries of the Master at Kamarpukur and Jayrambati, and seeing the various objects that kept his memory alive, he felt very highly inspired. A great change came over his life; he found solid ground where he was till then feeling himself drowning.

He carried on his spiritual practices with great intensity and regularity, and in good time attained to a high state of spiritual development. His life and doings brought solace to many who were afflicted with the sorrows of life.

[Mother As I Saw Her (Being Reminiscences of Holy Mother Sarada Devi) – Swami Saradeshananda. Translated by Prof. J. N. Dey. Sri Ramakrishna Math, Mylapore Madras-600004: p 130-131]