Dedicated to Sri Sarada Devi

A Place where devotees gather to share inspiration.

"Holy Mother" painted by Swami Tadatmananda

Used courtesy of the Vedanta Society of Southern California

http://www.vedanta.org

Dedicated to Sri Sarada Devi
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
22-April-2015 (Wednesday) Mother As I Saw Her – Swami Saradeshananda

22-April-2015 (Wednesday)
Mother As I Saw Her – Swami Saradeshananda
Other Examples of the Mother’s Grace – 02

I have heard from a son of the Holy Mother, who had obtained her special grace, that he was at first never keen to receive initiation from her. Another son of the Mother asked him to take initiation from the Mother and made arrangements for it, but he was satisfied with the Darsan of the Mother and would not seek initiation. But the Mother showered her grace on him, and soon after, there came a great change in his life. He gradually realized her greatness. Consequently he gave up his worldly desires and ambitions, and taking the Mother to be the be-all and end-all of his life here and hereafter, made it his sole purpose to serve her and think of her incessantly. Whenever the Mother considered one deserving, she would automatically implant in him the seed of knowledge and devotion, and nurture it with her love and affection irrespective of any other consideration.

[Mother As I Saw Her (Being Reminiscences of Holy Mother Sarada Devi) – Swami Saradeshananda. Translated by Prof. J. N. Dey. Sri Ramakrishna Math, Mylapore Madras-600004: p 131-132]