Dedicated to Sri Sarada Devi

A Place where devotees gather to share inspiration.

"Holy Mother" painted by Swami Tadatmananda

Used courtesy of the Vedanta Society of Southern California

http://www.vedanta.org

Dedicated to Sri Sarada Devi
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
​23-April-2015 (Thursday) Mother As I Saw Her – Swami Saradeshananda

​23-April-2015 (Thursday)
Mother As I Saw Her – Swami Saradeshananda
Other Examples of the Mother’s Grace – 02

A certain young man became a Sadhu at an early age and joined an Ashrama, where he had to work very hard. Besides the difficulties of boarding and lodging, he had also to stand the ill-treatment of the Head of the Ashrama. When matters became unbearable, he made a detour to Kamarpukur and Jayrambati, which are holy places connected with the Great Master. At Jayrambati he got the Darsan of the Holy Mother whose unique love and affection melted the heart of the poor boy. With tears in his eyes he narrated the whole tale of his woes to the Mother, whose sympathetic heart fully responded to his prayer. Shedding tears of sympathy, the Mother assured him protection and afterwards initiated him. He remained in the locality for a long time in the service of the Mother, being the recipient of her inexhaustible love and grace.

[Mother As I Saw Her (Being Reminiscences of Holy Mother Sarada Devi) – Swami Saradeshananda. Translated by Prof. J. N. Dey. Sri Ramakrishna Math, Mylapore Madras-600004: p 132]