Dedicated to Sri Sarada Devi

A Place where devotees gather to share inspiration.

"Holy Mother" painted by Swami Tadatmananda

Used courtesy of the Vedanta Society of Southern California

http://www.vedanta.org

Dedicated to Sri Sarada Devi
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
24-April-2015 (Friday) Mother As I Saw Her – Swami Saradeshananda

24-April-2015 (Friday)
Mother As I Saw Her – Swami Saradeshananda
The Case of a school boy Devotee – 01

The Headmaster of a neighbouring High School and some of his assistants were disciples of the Holy Mother. They used to go off and on to visit the Mother at Jayrambati. One of the students of the school, who had great respect for his teachers, grew curious to know where their teachers went in a batch from time to time. His inquisitive quest brought him to the Holy Mother and Sri Ramakrishna. But he had one difficulty. His Headmaster was a strict person. He did not approve of small boys taking to religion. So the boy had to read books on the Master and think about him in secret. “I have not got the facilities to keep a picture of the Master with me,” said the boy. “That is why I look and look at the portrait of the Master at the Ashrama again and again; so that whenever I want, I may be able to visualise him in my mind’s eye.’ Through good fortune he became acquainted with a Sannyasin disciple of the Holy Mother, to whom he communicated his difficulties.

[Mother As I Saw Her (Being Reminiscences of Holy Mother Sarada Devi) – Swami Saradeshananda. Translated by Prof. J. N. Dey. Sri Ramakrishna Math, Mylapore Madras-600004: p 132-133]