Dedicated to Sri Sarada Devi

A Place where devotees gather to share inspiration.

"Holy Mother" painted by Swami Tadatmananda

Used courtesy of the Vedanta Society of Southern California

http://www.vedanta.org

Dedicated to Sri Sarada Devi
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
25-April-2015 (Saturday) Mother As I Saw Her – Swami Saradeshananda

25-April-2015 (Saturday)
Mother As I Saw Her – Swami Saradeshananda
The Case of a school boy Devotee – 02

One day he quietly went with the Sadhus of his acquaintance to the Holy Mother and made Pranams to her. The Mother was very much pleased with his intrinsic devotion and made enquiries about him. Coming to know that he was a student of one of her own ‘sons’, she became very happy. Showering great love and affection for him, she gave him some Prasada to eat. But in the mind of the boy there arose along with joy, a sort of fear also. He thought that when his teacher would visit the Holy Mother next, he would come to know about this visit of his, and he would be angry with him. When he appraised his companion, the Sadhu, of this fear of his, the latter requested the Holy Mother very humbly not to reveal the boy’s visit, to his teacher. When the Mother gave him assurance about it with a smile on her lips, his mind was at ease. Tasting the love and affection of the Holy Mother, his visits became frequent and he was blessed with initiation from her. His sweet temperament, fine behaviour, and dexterity in work soon brought him close to the inmates of the Mother’s household at Jayrambati and attracted the Mother’s great love and affection too. When ultimately the Headmaster came to know about this boy’s great devotion to the Mother and also of the great love and affection that the Mother had for him, he too was very much pleased.

[Mother As I Saw Her (Being Reminiscences of Holy Mother Sarada Devi) – Swami Saradeshananda. Translated by Prof. J. N. Dey. Sri Ramakrishna Math, Mylapore Madras-600004: p 133]