Dedicated to Sri Sarada Devi

A Place where devotees gather to share inspiration.

"Holy Mother" painted by Swami Tadatmananda

Used courtesy of the Vedanta Society of Southern California

http://www.vedanta.org

Dedicated to Sri Sarada Devi
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
05-May-2015 (Tuesday) Mother As I Saw Her – Swami Saradeshananda

05-May-2015 (Tuesday)
Mother As I Saw Her – Swami Saradeshananda
Social Criticism against Mother giving Sannyasa – 01

In the case of another ‘son’ of the Mother, no sooner had he taken Sannyasa from her and left the Mother’s house, than his own mother came and remonstrated with the Holy Mother to make her son return to the household. She wept a great deal and likewise entreated her, and even complained. She said that the whole household depended upon him, the wage-earner. Then he had a young wife at home with an offspring. The Mother listened to it all, expressed her sympathy, but did not agree to make the young Sannyasin go back to the household. She said with great firmness, “He has indeed chosen the right path for himself and has already made provision for the maintenance of you all. I have heard that you have a proper guardian, too, to look after you. So I will not be able to ask him to return to his home.” Though the mother could not take her son back to her home, she, however, had her heart pacified a great deal through the loving blessings of the Holy Mother, and she returned to her home with great hope and assurance. Though a Sannyasin, the son, under the instruction of the Holy Mother, maintained a relation of regard and devotion towards his mother so long as she lived.

[Mother As I Saw Her (Being Reminiscences of Holy Mother Sarada Devi) – Swami Saradeshananda. Translated by Prof. J. N. Dey. Sri Ramakrishna Math, Mylapore Madras-600004: p 136-137]