Dedicated to Sri Sarada Devi

A Place where devotees gather to share inspiration.

"Holy Mother" painted by Swami Tadatmananda

Used courtesy of the Vedanta Society of Southern California

http://www.vedanta.org

Dedicated to Sri Sarada Devi
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
07-May-2015 (Thursday) Mother As I Saw Her – Swami Saradeshananda

​07-May-2015 (Thursday)
Mother As I Saw Her – Swami Saradeshananda
Social Criticism against Mother giving Sannyasa – 03

He was spending his days in hope and fear in that lonely Ashrama. Now and then he would send his prayers to the Mother through a certain Sadhu of the Ashrama who often went to the Holy Mother. The Mother heard it all quietly and said nothing for some days. When the talk of the people had subsided, she sent a message to him through that Sadhu to come to her. Thereupon he set out to meet her. His heart was in great suspense, as it was swayed by hope and fear. But the loving Mother did not keep the desire of his heart unfulfilled. She gave him the ochre cloth and initiated him into Sannyasa with her own hands. That fortunate Sannyasin, during the long span of his useful life, was instrumental in conveying the glorious message of Sri Ramakrishna and the Holy Mother to many an inquiring soul, and bringing peace and solace to many a scarred heart!

[Mother As I Saw Her (Being Reminiscences of Holy Mother Sarada Devi) – Swami Saradeshananda. Translated by Prof. J. N. Dey. Sri Ramakrishna Math, Mylapore Madras-600004: p 137-138]