Dedicated to Sri Sarada Devi

A Place where devotees gather to share inspiration.

"Holy Mother" painted by Swami Tadatmananda

Used courtesy of the Vedanta Society of Southern California

http://www.vedanta.org

Dedicated to Sri Sarada Devi
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
​10-May-2015 (Sunday) Mother As I Saw Her – Swami Saradeshananda

​10-May-2015 (Sunday)
Mother As I Saw Her – Swami Saradeshananda
Yathartha Ghosh and the Mother – 03

Once it was noticed that he did not make his appearance for a few days. Then suddenly he came at dawn one day, and entering the house, went straight towards the Mother’s rom. She had just then aroused the Master from his bed and placed him on his throne and had started sweeping and dusting the place. The Mother was in the habit of sweeping her own room every morning, not because there was not anybody to help her, but because she loved to do her own work herself. She would help as much as she could in the daily chores of the household. Watching her do all these, especially kneading the dough slowly for a long time every evening, a son of hers prayed to her not to work so much in her old age. She, however, told him affectionately, “My son, it is good to work. Please pray for me that I can do so till the last day of my life!”

So the Mother was sweeping the room as usual, when her Yathartha-Mama suddenly bowed before her in front of her door and burst into loud lamentation: “Alas! he dies the day before yesterday!” At this sudden outburst, the broom dropped from the hand of the Mother and she just sat down at that very place on the ground unmindful of her dress, her eyes full of tears, her countenance depicting extreme sorrow, and her voice choked up in her throat.

[Mother As I Saw Her (Being Reminiscences of Holy Mother Sarada Devi) – Swami Saradeshananda. Translated by Prof. J. N. Dey. Sri Ramakrishna Math, Mylapore Madras-600004: p 139]