Dedicated to Sri Sarada Devi

A Place where devotees gather to share inspiration.

"Holy Mother" painted by Swami Tadatmananda

Used courtesy of the Vedanta Society of Southern California

http://www.vedanta.org

Dedicated to Sri Sarada Devi
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
11-May-2015 (Monday) Mother As I Saw Her – Swami Saradeshananda

11-May-2015 (Monday)
Mother As I Saw Her – Swami Saradeshananda
Yathartha Ghosh and the Mother – 04

The old man, with tears streaming down his eyes, narrated all that had happened and thus relieved himself of the pang of sorrow in his heart. The Mother, too, was listening to everything attentively; only now and then the great feeling of sorrow in her heart came out of her in loud lamentations. The old man said, “My wife has turned virtually mad with sorrow. She had no child of her own and brought up this nephew of hers, pouring on him all her pent up love – got him married – built up a household of joy and comfort – how much was her expectation! The boy also had grown up into a fine young man, had got all the affairs of the house in his grip and was managing it all beautifully. I too had been entirely depending upon him for everything, and was spending my days in happiness and ease. I had not the slightest of worries, when all of a sudden the healthy young man gets sick and dies! Now the full responsibility of the whole household has come back on my shoulders.”

[Mother As I Saw Her (Being Reminiscences of Holy Mother Sarada Devi) – Swami Saradeshananda. Translated by Prof. J. N. Dey. Sri Ramakrishna Math, Mylapore Madras-600004: p 139-140]