Dedicated to Sri Sarada Devi

A Place where devotees gather to share inspiration.

"Holy Mother" painted by Swami Tadatmananda

Used courtesy of the Vedanta Society of Southern California

http://www.vedanta.org

Dedicated to Sri Sarada Devi
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
12-May-2015 (Tuesday) Mother As I Saw Her – Swami Saradeshananda

​12-May-2015 (Tuesday)
Mother As I Saw Her – Swami Saradeshananda
Yathartha Ghosh and the Mother – 05

After thus relieving himself a little of the gnawing pain in his heart, the old man started again, “That is why I came running to you, Mother. I thought that as soon as come to you, I shall be comforted, and get back my equanimity of mind.” It was actually found that the old man’s heart became lighter, as if the Mother had drawn to herself the flame of his sorrow. The Mother said in the tone of one suffering from a great bereavement: “Yes, you were indeed well-off, you had no worries and were spending your days in great peace and joy. Now, alas, all the responsibilities have again come back on your shoulders.” The old man answered, his words punctuated now and then with lamentations, “We have on one side my wife mad with grief, and on the other, the young widow with her little offspring, and over and above this, the full responsibility of the whole household, the movable and immovable properties, the cattle and the cultivation – all these are now for me to look after – these things which I had given up and of which I had thus freed myself!’ The Mother also suffered with him, and showing him great sympathy said, “Yes, indeed! The whole household has again got on to your shoulders at the late period in your life!”

[Mother As I Saw Her (Being Reminiscences of Holy Mother Sarada Devi) – Swami Saradeshananda. Translated by Prof. J. N. Dey. Sri Ramakrishna Math, Mylapore Madras-600004: p 140]