Dedicated to Sri Sarada Devi

A Place where devotees gather to share inspiration.

"Holy Mother" painted by Swami Tadatmananda

Used courtesy of the Vedanta Society of Southern California

http://www.vedanta.org

Dedicated to Sri Sarada Devi
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
May 26, 2015 Tuesday: Mother As I Saw Her (Being Reminiscences of Holy Mother Sarada Devi)

​26-May-2015 (Tuesday)
Mother As I Saw Her – Swami Saradeshananda
Mother’s Preference for Renunciation: Instance of Banku – 03

The moment the Holy Mother heard of it, she too started for Satish Biswas’s place. The Mother was never seen going to any other house than those of her brothers, familiarly called as ‘Mamas’ or the maternal uncles. Seeing her breaking the rule that day, a certain son of hers became curious and followed her. This son had a great bond of friendship with Banku. And so there was an undercurrent of joy in his heart at the prospect of meeting him again after many days. The courtyard inside Satish Biswas’s house was full of people, and amongst them was our revered Bhan-Pisi (father’s sister) too, Satish was actually her brother’s son, and though she lived separately from him, she had her food at his place. Seeing the Mother approaching, she called out in great joy, “Satish, Oh Satish, what a blessed day it is for you! The Mother has herself come to your house! Come quickly and offer her a seat! Make Pranam to her and welcome her!”

[Mother As I Saw Her (Being Reminiscences of Holy Mother Sarada Devi) – Swami Saradeshananda. Translated by Prof. J. N. Dey. Sri Ramakrishna Math, Mylapore Madras-600004: p 142]