Dedicated to Sri Sarada Devi

A Place where devotees gather to share inspiration.

"Holy Mother" painted by Swami Tadatmananda

Used courtesy of the Vedanta Society of Southern California

http://www.vedanta.org

Dedicated to Sri Sarada Devi
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
28-May-2015 (Thursday) Mother As I Saw Her – Swami Saradeshananda

​28-May-2015 (Thursday)
Mother As I Saw Her – Swami Saradeshananda
Mother’s Preference for Renunciation: Instance of Banku – 05

In this connection another picture is coming to my mind’s eye which has for ever left an impression on me. The cold season had just started. The Mother had gone out early in the morning and was returning over the freshly fallen dew, which, mixed with particles f mud, was sticking to ther soles of her feet. A little before this, the old maid servant, our ‘Aunt Sashi’ had well spread the paste of mud and cowdung as usual before the threshold of the Mother’s house. Coming to the door, the Mother stood with her two feet together to open the shutters of the door and enter the house. She pushed it and got into the house. The beautiful impressions of her dust-smeared feet on the freshly cleared ground presented a unique sight and brought to the mind the idea that the Goddess of Fortune, Sri Lakshmi herself, had just entered the house.

[Mother As I Saw Her (Being Reminiscences of Holy Mother Sarada Devi) – Swami Saradeshananda. Translated by Prof. J. N. Dey. Sri Ramakrishna Math, Mylapore Madras-600004: p 143]