Dedicated to Sri Sarada Devi

A Place where devotees gather to share inspiration.

"Holy Mother" painted by Swami Tadatmananda

Used courtesy of the Vedanta Society of Southern California

http://www.vedanta.org

Dedicated to Sri Sarada Devi
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
​01-June-2015 (Monday) Mother As I Saw Her – Swami Saradeshananda

​01-June-2015 (Monday)
Mother As I Saw Her – Swami Saradeshananda
Mother’s Preference for Renunciation: Instance of Banku – 08

As soon as she reached home, the Mother cut some fruits with her own hands, arranged them on a plate, sent them to Banku through the son, and asked him to have mid-day Prasad also there. When he was taking the Prasad at noon, the Mother let him know that he could stay at her place and have his food too there as long as he liked. Banku’s health had become bad. Under the Mother’s care, it started improving. He was spending his days in great joy and peace. Though maintaining Mauna (silence), he would sometimes speak a little with the Mother and have a word or two with his friend, avoiding public gaze. Banku spent his time quietly, steeped in his own thoughts, and would sing in his sweet melodious voice morning and evening, charming everybody. The songs were only those sung by the Bauls. His health had now become quite good, and people were thinking that Banku would be there for some time more. But early one morning, he left the place suddenly without letting anybody know about it.

[Mother As I Saw Her (Being Reminiscences of Holy Mother Sarada Devi) – Swami Saradeshananda. Translated by Prof. J. N. Dey. Sri Ramakrishna Math, Mylapore Madras-600004: p 145]