Dedicated to Sri Sarada Devi

A Place where devotees gather to share inspiration.

"Holy Mother" painted by Swami Tadatmananda

Used courtesy of the Vedanta Society of Southern California

http://www.vedanta.org

Dedicated to Sri Sarada Devi
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
06-June-2015 (Saturday) Mother As I Saw Her – Swami Saradeshananda

06-June-2015 (Saturday)
Mother As I Saw Her – Swami Saradeshananda
Mother’s Regard for Sannyasins: Other Instances – 4

The faith and devotion that the Mother showed to the places of worship of all religions filled us with wonder. Below the Chitpur Bridge, by the side of the road, there was a famous Muslim shrine known as Bhut Sahib’s Dargah. When some of the ladies of the Udbodhan and its vicinity were going to have a Darsan there, the Mother sent one of her sons, who was sickly, along with them. When, after offering worship there, they returned with the ‘Prasadi Raja’ (dust) and gave it to the Mother, she took it with great reverence and put a little of it on her head. Then she gave the rest of it to this sickly son and asked him to rub it on his head and body, saying that it being Baba Bhut Sahib’s Prasad, it would make his body healthy. When he was doing so, the Mother prayed to Baba Bhut Sahib with great earnestness to cure her son.

[Mother As I Saw Her (Being Reminiscences of Holy Mother Sarada Devi) – Swami Saradeshananda. Translated by Prof. J. N. Dey. Sri Ramakrishna Math, Mylapore Madras-600004: p 147]