Dedicated to Sri Sarada Devi

A Place where devotees gather to share inspiration.

"Holy Mother" painted by Swami Tadatmananda

Used courtesy of the Vedanta Society of Southern California

http://www.vedanta.org

Dedicated to Sri Sarada Devi
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
June 09, 2015 Tuesday: Mother As I Saw Her (Being Reminiscences of Holy Mother Sarada Devi)

09-June-2015 (Tuesday)
Mother As I Saw Her – Swami Saradeshananda
Love as the sustaining Principle in Life – 3

As he was saying all these, my friend’s were fixed on his daughter. He was ebracing and kissing her again, the joy of his heart shining in his face and eyes! I saw and heard all these, and the thought came to me, “It is perhaps for tasting this bliss in life that one takes to the life of the householder.” He had his sons born to him at an early age. Then perhaps the lotus of his heart had not fully blossomed – perhaps the nectar of love was not in such abundance then. I was very happy to see the joyous household of my friend. Much later, when he was above eighty and had become incapable of much movement, I came to know that it was this very jewel of a daughter who had been taking all care of him. By thus serving her father with love and respect, she made her life blessed, besides alleviating the sorrows and sufferings of her father. It was the daughter who was acting as my friend’s mother.

[Mother As I Saw Her (Being Reminiscences of Holy Mother Sarada Devi) – Swami Saradeshananda. Translated by Prof. J. N. Dey. Sri Ramakrishna Math, Mylapore Madras-600004: p 148-149]