Dedicated to Sri Sarada Devi

A Place where devotees gather to share inspiration.

"Holy Mother" painted by Swami Tadatmananda

Used courtesy of the Vedanta Society of Southern California

http://www.vedanta.org

Dedicated to Sri Sarada Devi
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
June 11, 2015 Thursday: Mother As I Saw Her (Being Reminiscences of Holy Mother Sarada Devi)

11-June-2015 (Thursday)
Mother As I Saw Her – Swami Saradeshananda
Sarada the gladdener of the Mukherji Family – 1

In the family of the Mukherjis of Jayrambati, a very auspicious moment came with the advent of a precious baby girl who was to be the light of that family. The Mukherjis were four brothers of whom Ramachandra was the eldest. It was to him as his first child the Mahamaya was born as Sarada, illumining the whole family and bringing joy and contentment to it and to the meighbours. In later years it was through listening to the descriptions of the auspicious birth of the Mother from her neighbours – men and women who have now grown old but would get lost in a transport of joy reliving those early days – that we got convinced that from the moment of her coming to this world, this wonderful girl became an object of great love and attraction for everybody who came in contact with her. The mother of the Holy Mother, when she was once sitting under a Bilwa tree in her father’s house at Sihar, experienced that a small girl of supernatural beauty and grace encircled her neck from behind with her soft little arms and expressed her resolve to be born of her as her daughter. With that divine touch, she completely lost her external consciousness due to the exuberance of joy and wonder that filled her. Mother Sarada was born a little after this incident.

[Mother As I Saw Her (Being Reminiscences of Holy Mother Sarada Devi) – Swami Saradeshananda. Translated by Prof. J. N. Dey. Sri Ramakrishna Math, Mylapore Madras-600004: p 149-150]