Dedicated to Sri Sarada Devi

A Place where devotees gather to share inspiration.

"Holy Mother" painted by Swami Tadatmananda

Used courtesy of the Vedanta Society of Southern California

http://www.vedanta.org

Dedicated to Sri Sarada Devi
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
June 12, 2015 Friday: Mother As I Saw Her (Being Reminiscences of Holy Mother Sarada Devi)

12-June-2015 (Friday)
Mother As I Saw Her – Swami Saradeshananda
Sarada the gladdener of the Mukherji Family – 2

This was but natural that she would be a hot favourite of all. What her bachelor uncle (father’s brother) Iswar Chandra used to say about this, we have already mentioned. We shall here narrate a scene which our very eyes saw. The Mother had an aunt who was the mother of our aunt Bhavi. The old lady was then blind and had become too feeble to move. Before starting for Calcutta, the Mother sent a son to her putting in his hand something to be offered to her, and asking him to tender to her the Mother’s Pranam and a message. The actual instruction that the Mother gave to him was, “Tender to the aunt my respectful Pranam and tell her that as my health is bad, i am incapable of presenting myself before her to take the dust of her feet as well as to receive her blessings. Pray to her not to take any offence of this, but to excuse me for my seeming negligence and to be gracious to give me her loving blessings.” When this message of the Mother was given to the old lady, she started shedding tears of hjoy and said, “My Sarada is the glory of our family. May the Lord be kind to her and give her a long life of health and happiness! Please give her my heart-felt love and blessings.” After that, the old lady, with her eyes full of tears and her throat choked with emotion, prayed to the Lord with folded palms to give her dear Sarada long life, health and happiness. Seeing this expression of love and affection of the old lady, the son was overwhelmed, and when he narrated it in full to the Mother, the latter too was filled with joy.

[Mother As I Saw Her (Being Reminiscences of Holy Mother Sarada Devi) – Swami Saradeshananda. Translated by Prof. J. N. Dey. Sri Ramakrishna Math, Mylapore Madras-600004: p 150-151]