Dedicated to Sri Sarada Devi

A Place where devotees gather to share inspiration.

"Holy Mother" painted by Swami Tadatmananda

Used courtesy of the Vedanta Society of Southern California

http://www.vedanta.org

Dedicated to Sri Sarada Devi
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
June 13, 2015 Saturday: Mother As I Saw Her (Being Reminiscences of Holy Mother Sarada Devi)

13-June-2015 (Saturday)
Mother As I Saw Her – Swami Saradeshananda
Sarada the gladdener of the Mukherji Family – 3

The girl made her appearance in the sea of love of a big family. She was nurtured in the Rasa of love, and it was in love that she grew up. Her father’s people were poor Brahmanas who maintained themselves by hard work. From her early childhood she became the means for them to overcome their fatigues of body and mind by tasting the bliss of her love and childlike behaviour. In a poor family where its maintenance depends upon the combined efforts of all its members, there exists a bond of great love for one another. The loving little children are the threads that keep this bond alive. The Mother bound the whole of the Mukherji family invisibly with her love. As soon as she grew up a little, she started helping in the various chores of the family. By then she had spread her charm over the heart of every one. Whoever cast his or her eyes on this little girl, loved her. Wherever she went in her mother’s arms, she drew the attention of all.

[Mother As I Saw Her (Being Reminiscences of Holy Mother Sarada Devi) – Swami Saradeshananda. Translated by Prof. J. N. Dey. Sri Ramakrishna Math, Mylapore Madras-600004: p 151]