Dedicated to Sri Sarada Devi

A Place where devotees gather to share inspiration.

"Holy Mother" painted by Swami Tadatmananda

Used courtesy of the Vedanta Society of Southern California

http://www.vedanta.org

Dedicated to Sri Sarada Devi
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
June 14, 2015 Sunday: Mother As I Saw Her (Being Reminiscences of Holy Mother Sarada Devi)

14-June-2015 (Sunday)
Mother As I Saw Her – Swami Saradeshananda
Sarada the gladdener of the Mukherji Family – 4

When but a child, she had herself chosen Sri Ramakrishna or Gadadhar as her husband in a festive gathering, where people had collected at a function in Sihar, her mother’s birth place. In reply to a question asked of her, ‘who amongst these will you marry?” she pointed her finger straight at Gadadhar. Although it was taken as a joke, we know that later on it came to pass exactly so. At Kamarpukur this child-bride got the love of all as daughter. Dhani’s younger sister Shankari made her life blessed by serving the Holy Mother in later years. Although she had met Sri Ramakrishna only for brief periods at this time, the Mother got even from that short experience a sufficiently vivid and impressive idea of his infinite love and affection.

[Mother As I Saw Her (Being Reminiscences of Holy Mother Sarada Devi) – Swami Saradeshananda. Translated by Prof. J. N. Dey. Sri Ramakrishna Math, Mylapore Madras-600004: p 151]