Dedicated to Sri Sarada Devi

A Place where devotees gather to share inspiration.

"Holy Mother" painted by Swami Tadatmananda

Used courtesy of the Vedanta Society of Southern California

http://www.vedanta.org

Dedicated to Sri Sarada Devi
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
June 17, 2016 Wednesday: Mother As I Saw Her (Being Reminiscences of Holy Mother Sarada Devi)

17-June-2015 (Wednesday)
Mother As I Saw Her – Swami Saradeshananda
The Mother at Kamarpukur – 1

After spending more than a year at Vrindavan, the Mother visited Haridwar, Hrishikesh, Prayag, Varanasi and some other places of pilgrimage, and then went to Kamarpukur to take up her permanent residence. Golap-Ma also was with her; but after a few days, leaving the Mother there all by herself, she had to return to Calcutta. The lonely life at Kamarpukur kept the mind of the Mother always at a very high plane and so she did not care at all about material wants and bodily troubles and woes. At that time, there often lived in Kamarpukur the widow of the Mother’s brother-in-law Rameswar, with her two daughters-in-law, the wives of Ramlal and Siva Ram, and her own daughter Lakshmi-Didi. Though Ramlal-Dada stayed for most of the time at Dakshineswar, he would come to Kamarpukur now and then. Shiv Ram, the Mother’s foster son, would almost always be present there, perform the regular puja of Raghuvira, and look after the house. The Mother’s mind was then always in the subtle plane. That was why, keeping herself completely away from the family affairs, she spent her days merged in her own thoughts. Staying in the room that had come to her through the Master, she cooked simple rice and greens at one corner of the kitchen, offered it to Thakur and sustained herself with the Prasada. She was completely free of the household worries.

[Mother As I Saw Her (Being Reminiscences of Holy Mother Sarada Devi) – Swami Saradeshananda. Translated by Prof. J. N. Dey. Sri Ramakrishna Math, Mylapore Madras-600004: p 152-153]