Dedicated to Sri Sarada Devi

A Place where devotees gather to share inspiration.

"Holy Mother" painted by Swami Tadatmananda

Used courtesy of the Vedanta Society of Southern California

http://www.vedanta.org

Dedicated to Sri Sarada Devi
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
June 19, 2016 Friday: Mother As I Saw Her (Being Reminiscences of Holy Mother Sarada Devi)

19-June-2015 (Friday)
Mother As I Saw Her – Swami Saradeshananda
The Mother at Kamarpukur – 3

So for a short time the Mother lived sometimes in Calcutta and sometimes in Kamarpukur. Then her mother Shyamasundari Devi prevailed upon her to come and live with her at her own place, Jayrambati. The great regard that the Mother had for her mother, and the love that Shyamasundari had for her daughter, combined to make his decision possible. Even at Jayrambati, the Mother could not initially live for long at a time. While she used to help her mother in all her chores, her mind would always be in a high plane. For most of the time she would be merged in her own thoughts, and she would maintain no connection whatsoever with the household or its inmates. Nobody would dare to approach her at such times. None the less she maintained her loving relation with her devotee-children all the time. They would sometimes come to her after a long and difficult journey to pay their respects to her, stay at her feet for some time and taste the bliss of her divine love. It was some time after this, that ‘Radhu’ appeared on the scene, brought the Mother’s mind out of the exalted plane, and made it possible for people in general to avail themselves of her infinite love and grace.

[Mother As I Saw Her (Being Reminiscences of Holy Mother Sarada Devi) – Swami Saradeshananda. Translated by Prof. J. N. Dey. Sri Ramakrishna Math, Mylapore Madras-600004: p 154]