Dedicated to Sri Sarada Devi

A Place where devotees gather to share inspiration.

"Holy Mother" painted by Swami Tadatmananda

Used courtesy of the Vedanta Society of Southern California

http://www.vedanta.org

Dedicated to Sri Sarada Devi
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
June 21, 2016 Sunday: Mother As I Saw Her (Being Reminiscences of Holy Mother Sarada Devi)

21-June-2015 (Sunday)
Mother As I Saw Her – Swami Saradeshananda
Pilgrimages to the South and other Places – 2

Like the devotees of South India, the Mother blessed other devotees of different lands and races and speaking different languages with initiation at different times. All of them realised in their heart of hearts the infinite love and compassion of the Mother and thus made their human birth blessed.

The easiest and the simplest way to realise god, the Paramatman or the Prabhrhman – to attain the consciousness ‘I am His servant’, ‘I am a part of his’ or ‘I am one with him’ – is to cultivate the feeling; “Thou art my Mother and I am Thy child, now, hereafter and for ever. The gross body, the subtle body and the causal body are all derived from Thee, exist in thee and will merge in thee, who art the first cause, the Mother of the Universe. Through all the ages and in the different bodies I am born in, I am always in Thy loving lap. And, whenever guided by my desires I forget Thee, I suffer troubles and worries, and cry aloud in agony, and it is Thou alone that pacifiest me. I shall never forget it, and will ask for nothing. Please give me eternal peace.” Initiated into this attitude of the present age, many were the people, young and old, male and female, of this country and of others, who had their lives made blessed.

[Mother As I Saw Her (Being Reminiscences of Holy Mother Sarada Devi) – Swami Saradeshananda. Translated by Prof. J. N. Dey. Sri Ramakrishna Math, Mylapore Madras-600004: p 155-156]