Dedicated to Sri Sarada Devi

A Place where devotees gather to share inspiration.

"Holy Mother" painted by Swami Tadatmananda

Used courtesy of the Vedanta Society of Southern California

http://www.vedanta.org

Dedicated to Sri Sarada Devi
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
June 22, 2016 Monday: Mother As I Saw Her (Being Reminiscences of Holy Mother Sarada Devi)

22-June-2015 (Monday)
Mother As I Saw Her – Swami Saradeshananda
Pilgrimages to the South and other Places – 3

Once the Mother, at the instance of the late Balaram Babu’s son Ramakrishna Babu, his mother and other relations, went to their Zamindari at Kothar and lived there at their guest house for some days. At that time the Mother initiated an Indian Christian devotee. When we think of such an incident, which was quite against the prevalent custom of society, we are filled with unceasing wonder. From there she went to have a Darsan of Jagannath at Puri, and stayed there to for some time. Some orthodox Brahmanas of Orissa, who lived according to the injunction of the scriptures, were fortunate to have initiation from her. Unique divine experiences and devotional moods were manifested in her in all the places of pilgrimage that she visited. As the subject of her pilgrimage is being discussed, it is relevant to state that at the request of devotees she stayed for some time at Varanasi. She told her disciples repeatedly that many a day during that time, she got visions of Viswanatha and Annapurna and their glories.

[Mother As I Saw Her (Being Reminiscences of Holy Mother Sarada Devi) – Swami Saradeshananda. Translated by Prof. J. N. Dey. Sri Ramakrishna Math, Mylapore Madras-600004: p 156]