Dedicated to Sri Sarada Devi

A Place where devotees gather to share inspiration.

"Holy Mother" painted by Swami Tadatmananda

Used courtesy of the Vedanta Society of Southern California

http://www.vedanta.org

Dedicated to Sri Sarada Devi
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
June 28, 2015 Sunday: Mother As I Saw Her (Being Reminiscences of Holy Mother Sarada Devi)

28-June-2015 (Sunday)
Mother As I Saw Her – Swami Saradeshananda
Juxtaposition of contrary Sentiments – 2

The state of the minds of Yogin-Ma, Golap-Ma and some others was very similar to this. Witnessing the Mother’s Nirvikalpa Samadhi, her staying in a superconscious state, her complete absence of body consciousness when coming down from this state, her power to pacify the hearts of her devoted children by showering her love on them, her capacity to remove the doubts of aspirants by a few compassionate words – all these filled their minds with awe and wonder and great joy. Again, when they heard of her difficulties in her Kamarpukur days, or of her illness at different times, they would become much perturbed and lose their peace of mind in their anxiety for her, who was to them the ‘Mother sporting as a Daughter’. This is the nature of ‘parental devotion’, the mood in which the ‘great one’, appears to be very ‘small. The devotee who follows this path experiences a super-conscious state whenever sorrow and joy become very intense, each nourishing the other in turn. Then the Lord manifests in the inner soul of the devotee, and in the very heart of sorrow there flows an undercurrent of pure joy. Aspirants who follow the paths of ‘Vatsalya’, ‘Madhura’ etc. are filled with a great desire to taste the bliss of this paradoxical state, wherein, ‘separation’ brings about ‘anguish’, which actually enhances the keenness of love. Outside, there is the burning sensation of a poison, but inside it is all bliss.

[Mother As I Saw Her (Being Reminiscences of Holy Mother Sarada Devi) – Swami Saradeshananda. Translated by Prof. J. N. Dey. Sri Ramakrishna Math, Mylapore Madras-600004: p 159 – 160]