Dedicated to Sri Sarada Devi

A Place where devotees gather to share inspiration.

"Holy Mother" painted by Swami Tadatmananda

Used courtesy of the Vedanta Society of Southern California

http://www.vedanta.org

Dedicated to Sri Sarada Devi
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
July 1, 2015 Wednesday: Mother As I Saw Her (Being Reminiscences of Holy Mother Sarada Devi)

01-July-2015 (Wednesday)
Mother As I Saw Her – Swami Saradeshananda
The Mother’s behaviour like a Small Girl – 2

He heard later that the substance resembling barley-meal was known as Khyna Kuta. Kedar’s mother had prepared it herself and had quietly given it to the Sevika to feed the mother with a little at a time, early every morning. It was supposed to bring back her appetite, enrich blood supply in the system and strengthen the body in general. It was prepared thus; from freshly prepared puffed rice, the harder ones were picked up and these were mixed with clean, parched ‘til’ (sesamum). The mixture was then pounded into a very fine powder, and to it was added a little salt and pepper to give taste. It was very tasty and easy to digest. The Mother liked it very much. Without mentioning about it to anyone, the son gave it to the Mother early in the morning for the next few days. Instead of doing any harm, it produced good results. The son was highly pleased. And the Mother, eating it from his hand like a little girl, imprinted in his heart an indelible picture of love. Whoever could forget the impression of that loving form of hers, whose eyes and face were emanating a divine daughter’s love in a wonderful way!

[Mother As I Saw Her (Being Reminiscences of Holy Mother Sarada Devi) – Swami Saradeshananda. Translated by Prof. J. N. Dey. Sri Ramakrishna Math, Mylapore Madras-600004: p 162]