Dedicated to Sri Sarada Devi

A Place where devotees gather to share inspiration.

"Holy Mother" painted by Swami Tadatmananda

Used courtesy of the Vedanta Society of Southern California

http://www.vedanta.org

Dedicated to Sri Sarada Devi
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
July 2, 2015 Thursday: Mother As I Saw Her (Being Reminiscences of Holy Mother Sarada Devi)

02-July-2015 (Thursday)
Mother As I Saw Her – Swami Saradeshananda
The Mother’s behaviour like a Small Girl – 3

Once a son of the Mother, on coming to know that she was down with malaria at the Jagadamba Ashrama at Koalpara, went to see her. The Mother was then lying on her bed with temperature. The son stood beside the bed and asked, “How are you now, Mother?” The Mother replied like a little girl, “Not well at all, my dear. The fever is very high and has produced a burning sensation in my body. Just put your hand on my body and see it for yourself.’ The son, not daring to touch the holy body for reasons of his own, just his put his hand near the body. Like a little girl the Mother felt piqued at this and said almost crying, “What is this? Do put our hand well on my body and see.” It was then that the son understood that the Mother’s attitude of mind at that time was that of a little girl. So he gave up his hesitation, sat near the Mother and stroked her body well with the palm of his hand, and said a few words by way of assurance like, “Have no worry, Mother. You will be all right soon,” etc. At this the Mother felt reassured and became happy.

[Mother As I Saw Her (Being Reminiscences of Holy Mother Sarada Devi) – Swami Saradeshananda. Translated by Prof. J. N. Dey. Sri Ramakrishna Math, Mylapore Madras-600004: p 162]