Dedicated to Sri Sarada Devi

A Place where devotees gather to share inspiration.

"Holy Mother" painted by Swami Tadatmananda

Used courtesy of the Vedanta Society of Southern California

http://www.vedanta.org

Dedicated to Sri Sarada Devi
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
July 17, 2015 Friday: Mother As I Saw Her (Being Reminiscences of Holy Mother Sarada Devi)

17-July-2015 (Friday)
Mother As I Saw Her – Swami Saradeshananda
The Mother as a Paramahamsa:
A Combination of Girlishness and Motherliness – 4

The children of the Mother would be very much amused when she would get into a pique like a little girl. One evening when the cook was absent at Jayrambati, Nalini-Didi was baking on the oven the bread that was being rolled by the Mother. A son of hers too was helping her by rolling some bread (Chapatis) along with her. This son was an expert at rolling the bread with the dough. Nalini-Didi would often act the role of a seasoned housewife and give instructions to the Mother. As she was baking the bread, she called out in a loud voice, “The bread rolled by aunt is not coming out well.” Hearing this the Mother got piqued like a little girl, pushed the rolling pin away, from her, and with a frown on her countenance said, “Well, here is your rolling pin! If you don’t like the bread rolled by me, I won’t do it any more.” At this the son got into a fix. He started cajoling her. The Mother said, “I have been rolling bread all my life, and today this girl has the audacity to say that the bread rolled by me is not up to the mark!” To this the son replied, “No Mother, yur bread is all right. How can Nalini-Didi differentiate between bread made by you and by me? All the bread lies mixed up. She is blaming you for nothing. You are indeed rolling fine pieces of bread.” So saying, he pushed back her plate and the rolling pin towards her. The little girl in her was pleased, and both of them again started rolling the bread, chatting along.

[The disciple son mentioned here was Rammoy Maharaj – Swami Gauriswaranandaji]

I request all the devotees to listen to these Reminiscences of Holy Mother narrated by Sw. Gauriswaranandaji (Rammoy Mahraj) on this link… This link also has audios of Thakur-ma’s Divine Children…..

http://www.vedantastl.org/vedanta-audio-archives/

[Mother As I Saw Her (Being Reminiscences of Holy Mother Sarada Devi) – Swami Saradeshananda. Translated by Prof. J. N. Dey. Sri Ramakrishna Math, Mylapore Madras-600004: p 169 – 170]