Dedicated to Sri Sarada Devi

A Place where devotees gather to share inspiration.

"Holy Mother" painted by Swami Tadatmananda

Used courtesy of the Vedanta Society of Southern California

http://www.vedanta.org

Dedicated to Sri Sarada Devi
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
July 20, 2015 Monday: Mother As I Saw Her (Being Reminiscences of Holy Mother Sarada Devi)

20-July-2015 (Monday)
Mother As I Saw Her – Swami Saradeshananda
The Mother as a Paramahamsa:
Mother’s Grace on another – 1

Though I myself had no such experience, I was fortunate ebough to hear one day what a certain son of hers was describing to her about his experience of such special grace. With tears flowing, voice choked, and occasionally exclaiming, ‘Ah, Ah!’ he was narrating his experience. A bosom friend of his was very ill with high fever. He became delirious in a few days and his life was in danger. One night when his friend was in a very critical condition, he shut himself in his shrine room and prayed to the Holy Mother for his friend, pouring his tears at the Mother’s feet. After the lapse of some time in this way, he felt overcome by a feeling of drowsiness in which he lost his external consciousness, and in place of it, became aware of the vivid presence of the Mother. He saw her standing before him in an effulgent form and giving him consolation and assurance of protection. His heart became filled with joy. A little while after, the Mother’s form vanished. He gained his external consciousness, came out of the shrine room, and laid himself down on his friend’s bed by his side. From the next morning the condition of his friend started improving and he soon recovered. Today he had brought this friend with him to make Pranam to the Mother and receive her blessings. Hearing this wonderful description of his and seeing the Mother listening to it with much eagerness, approval and sympathy, I was filled with great joy and wonder.

[Mother As I Saw Her (Being Reminiscences of Holy Mother Sarada Devi) – Swami Saradeshananda. Translated by Prof. J. N. Dey. Sri Ramakrishna Math, Mylapore Madras-600004: p 171 – 172