Dedicated to Sri Sarada Devi

A Place where devotees gather to share inspiration.

"Holy Mother" painted by Swami Tadatmananda

Used courtesy of the Vedanta Society of Southern California

http://www.vedanta.org

Dedicated to Sri Sarada Devi
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
July 21, 2015 Tuesday: Mother As I Saw Her (Being Reminiscences of Holy Mother Sarada Devi)

21-July-2015 (Tuesday)
Mother As I Saw Her – Swami Saradeshananda
The Mother as a Paramahamsa:
The Transcendent Nature of the Mother – 1

I never asked the Mother about her supernatural powers or her realisations in the plane beyond the senses, nor have I ever had any desire to know about them. From my early childhood, hearing about the sweet loving devotion devoid of all grandeur as taught by the Gaudiya Vaishnavas, I had my mind moulded in that particular way. It was perhaps on account of this that such a curiosity never arose in me. Or it may be that the merciful Mother herself had arranged it that way. Nevertheless, she of her own accord would sometimes say, in the course of a conversation, words which led me to believe that the Mother naturally had the realm beyond senses open before her and that she could keep her mind in any state of consciousness she liked. To her there were no limitations of ‘this world or that’ or of ‘the gross, subtle or causal worlds’.

[Mother As I Saw Her (Being Reminiscences of Holy Mother Sarada Devi) – Swami Saradeshananda. Translated by Prof. J. N. Dey. Sri Ramakrishna Math, Mylapore Madras-600004: p 172]