Dedicated to Sri Sarada Devi

A Place where devotees gather to share inspiration.

"Holy Mother" painted by Swami Tadatmananda

Used courtesy of the Vedanta Society of Southern California

http://www.vedanta.org

Dedicated to Sri Sarada Devi
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
July 23, 2015 Thursday: Mother As I Saw Her (Being Reminiscences of Holy Mother Sarada Devi)

23-July-2015 (Thursday)
Mother As I Saw Her – Swami Saradeshananda
The Mother as a Paramahamsa:
Mother’s Readiness to bear others’ Sorrows – 1

Whenever the Mother would hear about the sorrows and afflictions of somebody, she would at once be overwhelmed with great emotion. Seeing the upsurge of her sorrow, the hearts of those near her would melt. The news of a sudden death, or of some similar calamity, would overwhelm the tender heart of the Mother, and she would not be able to control herself. When people, overcome by great afflictions and sorrows, came to the Mother in the hope of getting her sympathy and consolation, the Mother would, as it were, draw their sorrows into herself and actually suffer for them. Thus she made their hearts lighter, removing the poison by consuming it herself. I shall try to give here a description of how the Mother would sometimes completely lose herself and cry like a helpless little girl when her tender heart got affected by the sorrows and sufferings of others.

[Mother As I Saw Her (Being Reminiscences of Holy Mother Sarada Devi) – Swami Saradeshananda. Translated by Prof. J. N. Dey. Sri Ramakrishna Math, Mylapore Madras-600004: p 173]