Dedicated to Sri Sarada Devi

A Place where devotees gather to share inspiration.

"Holy Mother" painted by Swami Tadatmananda

Used courtesy of the Vedanta Society of Southern California

http://www.vedanta.org

Dedicated to Sri Sarada Devi
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
July 24, 2015 Friday: Mother As I Saw Her (Being Reminiscences of Holy Mother Sarada Devi)

24-July-2015 (Friday)
Mother As I Saw Her – Swami Saradeshananda
The Mother as a Paramahamsa:
Mother’s Readiness to bear others’ Sorrows – 2

The mother was then staying at the Jagadamba Ashrama in Koalpara. She was really the Mother to all the neighbours – the poor, the destitute, the lowly and the untouchable. Whoever came to her, had a Darsan of hers, was received with sweet words, got Prasada and had his or her heart filled with the abundant joy, peace and goodwill emanating from her. The son of a certain widowed lady had died. The bereaved mother came to the Mother, and as she was talking to her about her son, started crying loudly because of the grief that welled up in her heart. The Mother, participating in her sorrow, began to feel it within herself, and started crying with the woman loudly. Hearing that loud cry, the inmates of the Ashrama came running there. They were all speechless on seeing the Mother crying so pathetically, as if it was she who had just lost her son and was bemoaning his death. After some time the pangs of sorrow in the bereaved mother abated somewhat, and she wiped the tears from her eyes, made Pranam to the Mother, and was ready to take her leave with a lighter heart. The Mother too wiped her eyes, consoled her with sweet words, gave her some Prasada, and bade her goodbye, saying, “Come again.” If I remember right, the Mother gave her a piece of new cloth too.

[Mother As I Saw Her (Being Reminiscences of Holy Mother Sarada Devi) – Swami Saradeshananda. Translated by Prof. J. N. Dey. Sri Ramakrishna Math, Mylapore Madras-600004: p 173 – 174]