Dedicated to Sri Sarada Devi

A Place where devotees gather to share inspiration.

"Holy Mother" painted by Swami Tadatmananda

Used courtesy of the Vedanta Society of Southern California

http://www.vedanta.org

Dedicated to Sri Sarada Devi
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
July 25, 2015 Saturday: Mother As I Saw Her (Being Reminiscences of Holy Mother Sarada Devi)

25-July-2015 (Saturday)
Mother As I Saw Her – Swami Saradeshananda
The Mother as a Paramahamsa:
Mother’s Readiness to bear others’ Sorrows – 3

Whenever the Holy Mother heard about some sorrowful incident, her tender heart would at once get agitated. The First World War was on, and there was a great scarcity of cloth in India. As a consequence it had become very difficult for some women to hide their shame. One day Bibhuti babu, a disciple-son of the Mother, came and told her that he had gone to the house of the late Sureswar Babu of Vishnupur. Sureswar too was a disciple of the Mother. The young daughter of Syreswar Babu said to him from within the house! “Uncle, I am making Pranam to you from here. My wearing cloth is in such condition that I am not able to come outside.” At this Bibhuti Babu threw his Chaddar inside the house. Wrapping it round her the girl came out and made Pranam to him. Hearing this, tears came out of the Mother’s eyes.

[Mother As I Saw Her (Being Reminiscences of Holy Mother Sarada Devi) – Swami Saradeshananda. Translated by Prof. J. N. Dey. Sri Ramakrishna Math, Mylapore Madras-600004: p 174]