Dedicated to Sri Sarada Devi

A Place where devotees gather to share inspiration.

"Holy Mother" painted by Swami Tadatmananda

Used courtesy of the Vedanta Society of Southern California

http://www.vedanta.org

Dedicated to Sri Sarada Devi
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
July 27, 2015 Monday: Mother As I Saw Her (Being Reminiscences of Holy Mother Sarada Devi)

27-July-2015 (Monday)
Mother As I Saw Her – Swami Saradeshananda
The Mother as a Paramahamsa:
Mother’s Readiness to bear others’ Sorrows – 5

The Mother became very much agitated and cried a great deal when she heard about the sufferings of the young pregnant girl Sindhu Bala at the hands of the Police. At that time she had desired the end of the British Rule and had said that it was necessary for the people of the country to stand up against these tyrannies and make an effort to bring them to an end, and that those did so deserved praise. When the Mother was a little girl, the British rule under Queen Victoria had brought about peace and order in the land and so people had great respect for it. But due to the constant drain of India’s resources, the sorrows and troubles of the people increased day by day, and they lost their faith in the British Government and started working against it. This made the rulers unleash a reign of terror on the people. Seeing many instances of these with her own eyes, and hearing many accounts of them, the Mother with a sorrowful heart wanted to see an end to the British Rule. Otherwise, for the English as a nation, or for their religious bodies, she had no antipathy. Those Englishmen and Christians who had come under her wings, had received the same love and affection from her as the others.

[Mother As I Saw Her (Being Reminiscences of Holy Mother Sarada Devi) – Swami Saradeshananda. Translated by Prof. J. N. Dey. Sri Ramakrishna Math, Mylapore Madras-600004: p 175]