Dedicated to Sri Sarada Devi

A Place where devotees gather to share inspiration.

"Holy Mother" painted by Swami Tadatmananda

Used courtesy of the Vedanta Society of Southern California

http://www.vedanta.org

Dedicated to Sri Sarada Devi
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
August 3, 2015 Monday: Mother As I Saw Her (Being Reminiscences of Holy Mother Sarada Devi)

03-August-2015 (Monday)
Mother As I Saw Her – Swami Saradeshananda
The Mother as a Paramahamsa:
Molestation of the Mother’s Disciples by the Police – 1

A son of the Mother, staying at Jayrambati for two or three years, became very ill with malaria. To have proper treatment as well as for a change of climate, he went to Katihar and stayed there with a doctor, who was a fellow-disciple of his. While staying there, the C.I.D. got interested in him. Two younger brothers of the doctor belonged to the Revolutionary Party and were absconding. Thinking that the new-comer was associated with them, the police wanted to arrest him and keep him in detention. The doctor was a high Government Officer. He stood security for the Sadhu. So the police allowed him to be free on condition that whenever required, the doctor should produce him before the Police. The Sadhu therefore continued to stay with the doctor at his house. After some months he had to return to Jayrambati. So he left Katihar. At that time the Mother was at the Jagadamba Ashrama in Koalpara. The Mother was happy at the Son’s return, especially to see him restored in health. But knowing that he was still under police surveillance, and that the doctor was standing security for him for a heavy amount, the people at the Ashrama were against his stay there. They said with one voice the he should at once return to Katihar and continue to stay with the doctor as long as the Police did not free him unconditionally. At this reasonable proposal, he got ready to go, especially when he found that the people were afraid that Police would create some trouble at the Mother’s place on account of his presence there.

[Mother As I Saw Her (Being Reminiscences of Holy Mother Sarada Devi) – Swami Saradeshananda. Translated by Prof. J. N. Dey. Sri Ramakrishna Math, Mylapore Madras-600004: p 177 – 178]