Dedicated to Sri Sarada Devi

A Place where devotees gather to share inspiration.

"Holy Mother" painted by Swami Tadatmananda

Used courtesy of the Vedanta Society of Southern California

http://www.vedanta.org

Dedicated to Sri Sarada Devi
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
August 4, 2015 Tuesday: Mother As I Saw Her (Being Reminiscences of Holy Mother Sarada Devi)

04-August-2015 (Tuesday)
Mother As I Saw Her – Swami Saradeshananda
The Mother as a Paramahamsa:
Molestation of the Mother’s Disciples by the Police – 2

At that time the Police were keeping a secret watch both at Jayramnati and at the Koalpara Ashramas. The arrival of an individual under surveillance would naturally rouse the suspicion of the police. But the Mother would not let the Sadhu go under any condition. The moment the topic of his returning to Katihar was raised, she became full of anguish and started crying. A great problem was created when the Mother said, “Whatever is happen will happen, by the will of the Master. My son will stay with me here.’ The son, too, was in a difficult predicament. On the one hand, the Mother would not let him go and his own wish too likewise; on the other, all others were against it and their nervousness could not be pooh-poohed. Who knew how the all-powerful police would act? They could create trouble here in the Mother’s house, and there at Katihar they could make hot for the innocent doctor. Taking all these into account, he decided to go. But the Mother would now allow him to do so. She started crying in her anguish. Her shedding incessant tears like an obstinate girl distressed everybody. The son, too, seeing the Mother’s loving anguish on his account, burst into tears. There was no end to the tears shed by the Mother at the thought of sending the son into the jaws of the Police in that far-off land. The situation caused great worry to all. Just a little while before this, the Mother had suffered from a severe attack of malaria. Revered Sarat Maharaj, Yogin-Ma and other Sevaks and Sevikas who had come for her treatment, were all still there. Consulting among themselves, they at last decided to explain everything to the Sadhu and ask him to go to the Mother, make her understand the whole situation and tell her of the sad plight of the devotee doctor. Accordingly he went to the Mother, told her all the possible consequences and the great danger that the doctor was facing on his account. Hearing everything from him, especially the grim possibility of the doctor losing his job and of his movable and immovable properties being confiscated, the Mother began to weep quietly. Some others too, who were her favourites and on whom she reposed great faith, went to the Mother and explained to her the gravity of the consequences. The Mother came to know that Sarat Maharaj too was in favour of the Sadhu’s going back to Katihar. So ultimately, finding no way out, the Mother and the son took leave of each other with their eyes raining a shower of tears. For several days after this, the Mother would shed tears quietly whenever the thought of this son of hers came to her mind. Gradually she regained equanimity.

[Mother As I Saw Her (Being Reminiscences of Holy Mother Sarada Devi) – Swami Saradeshananda. Translated by Prof. J. N. Dey. Sri Ramakrishna Math, Mylapore Madras-600004: p 178 – 179]