Dedicated to Sri Sarada Devi

A Place where devotees gather to share inspiration.

"Holy Mother" painted by Swami Tadatmananda

Used courtesy of the Vedanta Society of Southern California

http://www.vedanta.org

Dedicated to Sri Sarada Devi
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
August 6, 2015 Thursday: Mother As I Saw Her (Being Reminiscences of Holy Mother Sarada Devi)

06-August-2015 (Thursday)
Mother As I Saw Her – Swami Saradeshananda
The Mother as a Paramahamsa:
Molestation of the Mother’s Disciples by the Police – 4

There was one aspect of the episode which especially touched the heart of some of those present. When the Police Inspector first arrived, he was very grave, and his face bore signs of displeasure and anxiety. When he was talking with Manindra Babu, he seemed to be very reserved, and when he went inside the house, he was hesitant, with his head bent down as if in deep thought. But as soon as he went to the Mother, especially when she sat by his side and bestowed attention on him, serving him with great care and affection, the expression of his eyes became normal and full of joy. It seemed as if he felt that he was being welcomed and served by his own mother or sister. When he took leave, he was in a very happy mood, bidding Mother good-bye as one does with one’s friends.

Oh! Mother, what charm was there in Thy words and behaviour, especially in Thy way of feeding Thy children! It is known only to Thyself!

[Mother As I Saw Her (Being Reminiscences of Holy Mother Sarada Devi) – Swami Saradeshananda. Translated by Prof. J. N. Dey. Sri Ramakrishna Math, Mylapore Madras-600004: p 180]