Dedicated to Sri Sarada Devi

A Place where devotees gather to share inspiration.

"Holy Mother" painted by Swami Tadatmananda

Used courtesy of the Vedanta Society of Southern California

http://www.vedanta.org

Dedicated to Sri Sarada Devi
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
August 8, 2015 Saturday: Mother As I Saw Her (Being Reminiscences of Holy Mother Sarada Devi)

08-August-2015 (Saturday)
Mother As I Saw Her – Swami Saradeshananda
The Mother as a Paramahamsa:
A Police Officer at The Mother’s House – 2

Most of the visitors to Jayrambati would pass through Koalpara. The Police conducted regular enquiries at the Mother’s Ashram at Koalpara, too. In the village of Nabasan situated about three or four miles to the east of Kamarpukur, the resident devotees there were running a small Ashrama. The devotees visiting Jayrambati by way of Arambagh, and Chapadanga, would rest at this Ashrama for sometime. A young sadhu or two, hailing from East Bengal might sometimes stay there. There also the Police kept a strict watch, so much so that ultimately they had to give up the Ashrama. Though the Police kept a strict watch over the Mother’s house, they did not make a nuisance of themselves there. Nevertheless, it created a great disturbance in the mental peace of the inmates.

[Mother As I Saw Her (Being Reminiscences of Holy Mother Sarada Devi) – Swami Saradeshananda. Translated by Prof. J. N. Dey. Sri Ramakrishna Math, Mylapore Madras-600004: p 181]