Dedicated to Sri Sarada Devi

A Place where devotees gather to share inspiration.

"Holy Mother" painted by Swami Tadatmananda

Used courtesy of the Vedanta Society of Southern California

http://www.vedanta.org

Dedicated to Sri Sarada Devi
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
August 9, 2015 Sunday: Mother As I Saw Her (Being Reminiscences of Holy Mother Sarada Devi)

09-August-2015 (Sunday)
Mother As I Saw Her – Swami Saradeshananda
The Mother as a Paramahamsa:
A Police Officer at The Mother’s House – 3

The village of Jayrambati is situated in the district of Bankura. A disciple son of the Mother, Sri Bibhuti Babu of Bankura was acquainted with the District Superintendent of Police of that place. Bibhuti Babu was a schoolmaster there. Almost every Saturday after school he would leave Bankura by train for Garbeta. From Garbeta he would walk eighteen miles and come to the Mother’s place. Then either on Sunday evening or early in the morning of Monday he would do the return trip to Bankura. He was very much devoted to the Mother who in her turn, had a great affection for him. Bibhuti Babu was always ready to serve the Mother in any way needed. To bring the ‘Mataji’s Ashrama’ into the good books of the Police, Bibhuti Babu once arranged for the D.S.P. to pay a visit to the Mother.

[Mother As I Saw Her (Being Reminiscences of Holy Mother Sarada Devi) – Swami Saradeshananda. Translated by Prof. J. N. Dey. Sri Ramakrishna Math, Mylapore Madras-600004: p 181]