Dedicated to Sri Sarada Devi

A Place where devotees gather to share inspiration.

"Holy Mother" painted by Swami Tadatmananda

Used courtesy of the Vedanta Society of Southern California

http://www.vedanta.org

Dedicated to Sri Sarada Devi
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
August 12, 2015 Wednesday: Mother As I Saw Her (Being Reminiscences of Holy Mother Sarada Devi)

12-August-2015 (Wednesday)
Mother As I Saw Her – Swami Saradeshananda
The Mother as a Paramahamsa:
Mother’s Grace on uninitiated Disciples – 1

One should not think that the Mother showered her grace and affection only on those who were initiated disciples. Whoever approached her calling ‘Mother’ was blessed with her love and affection. It embraced even others who went to her not due to any spiritual affiliation as ‘her children’ but from some worldly consideration or other. Even they received her spontaneous motherly love which made a permanent impression on their minds. Though the memory of it might fade in course of time, it came to their minds in great force as a cooling balm when they were faced with critical situations in life. The memory of her benign face accompanied them even in the hereafter. There is no doubt that even those who came to her in the role of the Police Officers to disturb her peace received these opportunities of association with her as the result of their many meritorious actions of the past.

[Mother As I Saw Her (Being Reminiscences of Holy Mother Sarada Devi) – Swami Saradeshananda. Translated by Prof. J. N. Dey. Sri Ramakrishna Math, Mylapore Madras-600004: p 182 – 183]