Dedicated to Sri Sarada Devi

A Place where devotees gather to share inspiration.

"Holy Mother" painted by Swami Tadatmananda

Used courtesy of the Vedanta Society of Southern California

http://www.vedanta.org

Dedicated to Sri Sarada Devi
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
August 20, 2015 Thursday: Mother As I Saw Her (Being Reminiscences of Holy Mother Sarada Devi)

20-August-2015 (Thursday)
Mother As I Saw Her – Swami Saradeshananda
The Mother as a Paramahamsa:
The Mother’s Anna-Prasad and Prabodh Babu – 3

The Mother was very happy to know about the good news concerning the negotiations for the piece of land at Kamarpukur. After his food, Prabodh Babu came into the dormitory chewing a mouthful of betel leaves, sat on the cane-stool again and said, “Please put a good quantity of charcoal on the tobacco in the bowl of the hubble-bubble and let me enjoy my smoke in peace. I had deceived you, but could not deceive the Mother. I had started from Kamarpukur in the morning with the idea of having Prasada here. But I got delayed, talking with the people on the way. That was why I went into the village, washed my face, and procuring some betel leaves, put them in my mouth and came here chewing them. I quietly entered the dormitory to find out if you had finished your food. In you hadn’t, I would have joined you all at you your meal. Otherwise I had decided to go home and have it. However that may be, I was lucky being late. I would never have been able to get the Mother’s Prasada this way, if I had come early. For, the Mother would not have finished her food then. Through the Mother’s grace, the desire of my heart has been fulfilled. Let me enjoy my smoke and talk with you now.’

[Mother As I Saw Her (Being Reminiscences of Holy Mother Sarada Devi) – Swami Saradeshananda. Translated by Prof. J. N. Dey. Sri Ramakrishna Math, Mylapore Madras-600004: p 188 – 189]