Dedicated to Sri Sarada Devi

A Place where devotees gather to share inspiration.

"Holy Mother" painted by Swami Tadatmananda

Used courtesy of the Vedanta Society of Southern California

http://www.vedanta.org

Dedicated to Sri Sarada Devi
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
August 21, 2015 Friday: Mother As I Saw Her (Being Reminiscences of Holy Mother Sarada Devi)

21-August-2015 (Friday)
Mother As I Saw Her – Swami Saradeshananda
The Mother as a Paramahamsa:
A sensational Jagaddhatri Puja at The Mother’s House – 1

Many a devotee-son of hers had experienced it in his life how the Mother sometimes fulfilled some innermost desire of his in the most unexpected manner. Many of them would try to join in the celebration of the Jagaddhatri Puja if they came to know that the Mother would be present at Jayrambati then. They knew that the Mother was none other than the Goddess Jagaddhatri in the image, and the devotees would have the direct Darsan of the living Jagaddhatri. The Mother would be very happy to perform the worship of Jagaddhatri, while her sons watched her uniquely charming worship. Once a son had come from a very distant place to join the Puja festival. Due to some circumstances, he got delayed on the way. When he reached the Mother’s place at noon on the day before the Puja, everybody was busy with the arrangements for it. The Amantran and Adhivas ceremonies, performed on the day previous to the great festival in the form of welcome of the Deity, were to take place that very evening, and the Puja was to start early next morning. The image was being properly decorated. He met the Mother and made Pranam to her. She expressed her joy at his coming and asked him how he was, but could not give him more time.

[Mother As I Saw Her (Being Reminiscences of Holy Mother Sarada Devi) – Swami Saradeshananda. Translated by Prof. J. N. Dey. Sri Ramakrishna Math, Mylapore Madras-600004: p 189]